From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:31:05 -0400
At 06:58 PM 8-9-2004 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>MAINE                                                none previous
>Alfond Arena

I'm checking in a bit late on this thread, but I'm just back from vacation
(Halifax, NS -> Troy, NY via I-95 to I-495 to the Mass Pike (I-90) to
Berkshire Extension (I-90) to I-787, in the process passing within about 20
miles of a number of DI hockey programs (Maine, UNH, Mass-Lowell, a bit
more than 20 for the Boston schools and Mass-Amherst, Union, RPI).  We
stayed overnight in Augusta and got to drive past the Capitol - impressive
building.  I also liked the State Museum and Library building, immediately
adjacent.  Alas, it was Saturday, and the buildings appeared to be closed.

An observation, if I may - Orono is /way/ out of the way for most of the
world.  (We noticed the Black Bear bumper stickers, license plates, window
stickers...)  Wouldn't it be helpful all 'round if the UMaine system were
to move their hockey program's headquarters to, say, Portland, where it
wouldn't be a four-hour ride to the middle of nowhere for all their opponents?

<grins, ducks & runs>

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at: