Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:39:46 -0600
"A piece?   The highest priced tickets in San Jose are $102."

California is a much more progressive state than others with respect to ticket resale. You do not have to purchase tickets at the price printed on them by the arena. You can call up any number of ticket brokers and buy tickets at a fair market value (i.e. what anyone else is willing to pay). Unfortunately, in Minnesota it is illegal to sell tickets at a price greater than the arena prints on it. Hockey cards, automobiles, etc. can be sold for more than their original buyer paid for them, but for some reason, not event tickets.

Wait and see if Minnesota or St. Cloud make it to the frozen four. Then people will be screaming out loud for tickets, and the price they'd be willing to pay will be more than I paid for mine. But I wouldn't give anyone a ticket at its face value. If it was more, then maybe, but only then.

Nathan Hampton