From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:12:00 -0500
Brad Edward Toberman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I see 9 locks at this point.  5 bubble teams that need to do well in
> their tournament.  And 3 teams from HEA and CCHA that need to win their
> tournament.  Clarkson is golfing no matter what.  BC and MSU are #1
> seeds.  NoDak, St Cloud, or Minnesota are the #2s.

Michigan also has a shot at a number 2 seed.  They need to win their tournament and have some help in the WCHA, such as CC or Wisc winning the championship.  (Or a couple other permutations as well, such as NoDak winning the tourney while St. Cloud loses two.)

Basically, if St. Cloud and North Dakota both win their semi-final games, they clinch the number 2 seeds and play the WCHA championship game for 2 West vs. 2 East.  If not, then Michigan and Minnesota have a shot at a bye.
-Pam Sweeney