From:
"Edwards, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edwards, John
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:08:22 -0600
Erik Biever wrote:

>From the Grand Forks Herald on Sunday 18 February, in the article on the
Saturday UND-DU game:
>> UND will play the first round of the WCHA playoffs in old Engelstad Arena
in
>> three weeks and an exhibition game there to open next season.
>Is the "exhibition game" is the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game scheduled for
>Oct. 5? I thought that was going to be the opening event in the new arena.

I thought the Hall of Fame Game was considered a non-conference game.

If that isn't it, what they could be referring to is the UND-Manitoba
exhibition game that happens in
most years. It was on the first weekend of January this year, but usually
UND opens their season with
it. Manitoba is playing exhibition games by mid-September, so it is possible
for them to play UND
before the Hall of Fame game.

John