From:
Kraig Ehm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kraig Ehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:19:28 -0500
Thanks for your responses on the 5 minute major call or no call.  Here is
some more information.  It is my understanding that if as a team you feel
you've been wronged with a call, you can send the video to the league's
supervisor of officials and he/she will review.  Michigan Tech did that.
It is my understanding that a ruling came down from WCHA's Commissioner
that further disciplinary (missing some games, suspension) action was NOT
warranted.  It is my understanding that the Commish just wrote the
offending player a "stern letter" not to do it again.

New question:  Will it take us pushing around hockey players in wheelchairs
for the various leagues (or maybe it is simply a WCHA problem) to protect
these guys?

Yea, Cabana did rough Commodore a little.  It was almost directly after
Commodore strategically placed his stick between Cabana's legs and hooked
him to the ice.  Was Cabana's action enough to warrant a crosscheck to the
head?  No.  In fact, if you look at the rest of the videos on the web
concerning Mr. Commodore, all of the other infractions were committed AFTER
the crosscheck to Cabana.  I guess that two minute stint int he penalty box
was a good detterant.

I too wish that college hockey would clean up its act.  It is a great game
to watch.

Kraig Ehm