From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 05:52:46 -0700
--- Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> PC's baseball team is being killed after this season for Title IX
> reasons
> (sigh, another casualty to that stinkin rule - hope their softball
> team(if
> they have one) goes 0-50 for the next 50 years)

It isn't the softball team's fault (or women's hockey, or women's
basketball, etc.) that the COLLEGE chose to cut sports, rather than
find other ways to move into compliance.  Don't wish them ill.

Many of us males (or at least male sports fans) may be distressed that
our teams or favorite sports are cut because of Title IX, but it is not
the fault of the female athletes.  The fact that whole men's sports
teams must be cut to me shows that if we didn't have Title IX female
athletes would have far less opportunities available.

When a school chooses to cut sports to move into Title IX compliance,
you have to ask why.  Many times the answer is simply that they don't
want to cut money from other sports (the fat cats, so-to-speak).

> Episode 1 - A Phantom Menace)

On a side note.. The Phantom Menace.. definitely worth the money to see
this movie!

===
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
University of Maine '98
Home of the 1993 and 1999 Ice Hockey National Champions!
ONE-TWO.. WE WANT MORE!