From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 22:22:01 -0600
Maine, 3-2 in OT

I had said earlier "Can you say 6-5?"  Well, except for two outstanding
goaltending efforts, 6-5 or 9-8 would have been a more likely score for this
one.  Absolutely standing-on-your-head play by both Conklin and Michaud.
That includes two pipe ringers by Maine in regulation play.

Outstanding game with up and back action, great scoring opportunities,
better goaltending, and despite all that, not all that bad defense.  Its one
of those games where you hate to see the other team lose no matter who you
are rooting for.

And my pet peeve during all this:

The meaningless statistics they keep giving us like "Maine is 10-2-1 when
leading after 2 periods."  Well, Duh!  When you win most of your games, you
aren't going to be down going into the 3rd period all that often.  Yet these
kind of things are thrown around like they are some kind of deep analysis of
the game of hockey.

But I digress.  Congratulation University of Maine Black Bears.

Tom Rowe