From:
Brian Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:35:50 -0600
> The MAAC just has to pay some dues for a couple years just like
> UMass-Amherst and Merrimack have had to since joining Division I.

And after a few more years of not being scheduled by the established D-I
programs, we'll hear this same tired old crap again.  Sorry, I'm not buying
this argument.

The "big time" conferences have to make their minds up.  If they want the
MAAC to prove itself against "legitimate teams", then they have to start
scheduling some non-conference games with MAAC teams.  Otherwise, all of
their complaining about the MAAC potentially receiving an at-large bid as a
"non-legitimate" conference should not be tolerated or listened to.

North Dakota has scheduled a non-conference series next year with D-I
newcomer Bemidji State.  This is an example other established D-I teams
should follow.

The bottom line?  The established conferences should put their money where
their mouth is or shut the heck up.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian.
(GO SIOUX, BRING HOME THE BROADMOOR!!!)