From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 00:48:56 -0500
John Whelan wrote:

> I dunno about the effects of CCHA tournament games, but I re-ran the
> calculation with an extra BG win over Michigan, and Michigan does
> indeed win the comparison with OSU in that case, although it also
> makes them lose the St. Lawrence comparison.  These are the only
> changes.  It does not affect the field of twelve, since SLU and OSU
> are still awarded at-large bids before Michigan's fate is decided, ...

John, thanks for running the alternative case. If I understand correctly,
the changes
you mention have no effect on the following PWR you posted Monday:

10 St Lawrence
11 Ohio State
12 Michigan
13 Northern Mich
14 Princeton

Then my guess about the implications of Michigan winning the quarterfinal
round in two games rather than three was wrong, . . . and a well informed
coach
with a staff of highly trained computer gurus should not have chosen a
strategy to
win in three games rather than two.  The various effects of BGSU falling out
of
the TUC category were apparently not enough  to make a difference or were
offset by other changes.

Bob

.