From:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:24:08 -0800
Tony Buffa lamented...

> After a moment to calm down, I have found out that ...
> the NC$$ took most of the very nice close seats for the four teams...
> The rest of us commoners got stuck in the upper rafters...

John Whelan chastised Tony...

> Assuming they go to students and/or season ticket holders from the
> participating schools, it sounds fair enough to me... Would you rather
> have someone follow their team all season long, swing a last-minute
trip
> to California, and not be able to see the tourney because all the seats

> had been bought up already?

Now, John, get real.

Do you honestly believe that "all the seats [will have] been bought up
already?" In southern California?? Where they don't even know how to spell
collitch hockie??? Fat chance. Remember that time a few years ago when you
and I and Arleen went to the Great Western Shootout at the Pond? REALLY
sold out, wasn't it? Or is my memory failing me even faster than I thought?

As the depressed and dejected owner of four nosebleed seats at the Pond
for the NC$$'s April Fool's Day weekend, I would like to make the following
plea for some pitifully small amount of justice...

In addition to those people who have enthusiastically supported one
particular college team and, so, deserve some reasonable chance of getting
decent seats, there are also those of us who will gladly pay whatever the NC$$
asks for the opportunity to see a college hockey game...ANY college
hockey game...don't care who's in it...it'd be nice if RPI was, but that's not
likely. We're willing to COMMIT a *year* in advance. No questions asked.
No matter who's in it. Bill my VISA card right up front, a year ago. This
is *not* Bahston or Minnesooootah where there are hordes of locals who
would kill for tickets. Hell, most locals wouldn't even be willing to pay the
frigging parking fee.

Give us few desparate and deprived southern Californio college hockey
fans a break. Give us at least a CHANCE for a seat without mandatory oxygen
masks and respirators.

Bob "Bummed out" Stagat
RPI  '64  '68