From:
Bill Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:01:17 -0500
>I agree.  In fact I'll go one step beyond and say that I'm GLAD that
College
>Hockey isn't as big as basketball or football, two sports that are driven
by
>tv.  Let me watch the games on an accessible tv channel, and every once in
>while, let me, a person with no connections, buy tickets for the regionals
>and/or the finals, and I'm happy.
>Clay

Well said Clay.  I couldn't agree more!!  If college hockey goes "big time,"
then we will all be in the situation where tickets will become pricey and/or
unavailable.  More media exposure would provide NO upside to offset this
very down side.  Let's let college hockey remain our little secret.

As someone who has followed college hockey for 35+ years, I would be most
disappointed if it went "big time" and put up barriers to my attending
games.  (i.e. how many playoff games could I afford to attend if I had to
pay exorbitant amounts for ticket?).