From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:15:26 -0500
Lance Reigart writes:

>College Hockey always seems to be way behind other college sports like
>football, and basketball. When the NCAA Selection Comitte choses the 12
>teams to make the Natoinal Tounrey, is it going to be broadcasted accross
>the nation on CBS?!? Basketball and Football get National TV coverage on a
>regular basis. Is the Frozen Four on Nation TV? (That is really a
>question, I don't know). If the Media could tell people that there is a
>sports called hockey, and it is played at the college level. College
>Hockey would be a lot better off.

Why?  So all the corporate types could scoff up all the tickets and leave
the real fans out on the street?  Boston is hosting a basketball
sub-regional at the Fleet Center this weekend.  I read in the Boston Globe
yesterday that each school is allotted 350 tickets!  That's 2,600 tickets
total (8 teams) for the fans of the teams and 17,000+ for everyone else.
And this is for the first two rounds of the tournament.  I shudder to think
of a similar scenario for hockey.  I like it just they way it is.

Greg Ambrose
GO UNH BLUE!!!
JASON KROG IS HOBEY!!!