From:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:33:43 -0600
On Tuesday, March 09, 1999, Kevin Ames wrote:

> Peter Talafous, 6-3 son of Alaska Anchorage hockey coach Dean and
> regarded as one of Wisconsin's top high school players, has shown
> interest in the Gophers.

Keep in mind that this comes from today's St. Paul Pioneer Press column by
Charley "Shooter" Walters. The Shooter was the same guy that started the
"Dave Spehar is transferring to UMD next year" rumor, which has since been
vehemently denied by Spehar (Spee's quote was something like "Duluth is the
last place in the world I would want to play").

I've always preferred Walters over Sid "Grandpa Sports" Hartman at the
Czar-Trib, but since the Spehar rumor, I take his column with a grain of
salt.

By the way, Walters also has this item in today's column: "Doug Woog's
status as the Gophers men's hockey coach for next year is fairly secure."

-Indy Rutks ([log in to unmask])