From:
Jason E Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason E Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:42:39 -0800
Let me start with the controversial statement that I still believe.  If a
team from the MAAC accomplishes the following 3 things (even this year):
     - Wins MAAC Regular Season Title
     - Wins MAAC Tournament Title
     - Finishes in the Top 12 in the country per selection procedure
          (excluding the MAAC exception)
If this happens, I would advise the selection committee to select that team
for the tournament.

This means I now think that Quinnipiac is the only team left from the MAAC
worthy of even considering for the NCAA tournament as they have wrapped up
the MAAC Regular Season Title.

If Quinnipiac does not with the Tournament (which is just as possible in the
MAAC as it is for the #1 seed in any other conference), I will go away and
agree that no MAAC team was deserving of a bid this year.

BUT if Quinnipiac does win the Tournament (and stays in the Top 12... or Top
8 depending on how many surprises emerge come Tournament time in the other
conferences), I will support an at-large bid for the Braves.

Doing so shows that every Division I team is a Division I team and that
there aren't "real" Division I games and "less-than-real" Division I games.

       |__   __| |  __  |  Jason Patton        http://www.gojp.com/jp/
 ____     | |    | |__| |      Following College Hockey Since 1991
|____|    | |    |  ____|  Boston U. 1991-1995     Princeton 1995-1998
        __| |    | |       1995 NCAA Champions     1998 ECAC Champions
       |____|    |_|        MAAC Hockey League Inaugural Season 1998-

MAAC Game of the Week: http://www.broadcast.com/sports/ncaa/maac/hockey/