From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:16:09 -0500
Hi -
      [error(s) in application of NCAA selection criteria snipped]

  Bob Monahan made at least one other error too, when he wrote:

> Boston College (19-11-2, 13-7-2) plays at Boston University (13-17-3,
> 8-12-3) tomorrow night in a game that won't have a major bearing on the
> standings. BC owns third place, while BU is stuck in fifth and will play
> at Providence in the Hockey East quarterfinals next weekend.

  That's only half-right.  BC is indeed "stuck in third place," but if BC
loses both @BU Friday night and the next night in Conte Forum vs. Merrimack,
while Merrimack defeats UMA Friday night, then the Warriors win the tie-
breaker with BU and slip into 5th-place, relegating the Terriers to 6th-
place and a Best-of-3 HEA 1/4-final matchup with the Eagles.  Now, wouldn't
THAT be special !! :-)  I think you know who I'll be rooting for (if I can
tear myself away from the play-by-play of Maine-UNH .... :-)

> My Daddy told me a long time ago that never believe everythng you read in
> the Globe

  Ain't it the truth ....

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim