From:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:14:07 -0600
Jack

Based on the current structure of D1 hockey, 25 teams is WAAY to many.
"Top 10" has meaning, even if I sometimes think the pollsters are smoking
something funny.

When D1 fills out to 60+ teams, then go for a top 15.  That 25% of the
membership.  Remember, of that 60 teams only about 20 - 25 are going to
end up a "TUC".

If you're wanting MAAC representation in the polls, we both know that
that will take a few years.  Those first few steps into the "big boys"
realm will be tough, but you have my respect and wishes of good luck
(unless you play Clarkson ;) ).

What would be interesting would be a tourny in Hartford (?) between 2
MAAC schools and a middle of the road HEA and ECAC schools (+ Niagara and
Bmeidji????).  That would be a good testing ground to see how far the
MAAC has progressed.  Perhaps you can modify the Q-Cup.

Joe
Clarkson '77 & '78
"Someday, somewhere"
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]