From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:49:22 -0500
Hi -

Steve Hagwell at NCAA Headquarters writes:

>>> FROZEN FOUR RECORDS BOOK AVAILABLE
>>>
>>> The NCAA Statistics Service is publishing for the first time a
>>> Frozen Four Records Book, which will be available in early March.

Erik Biever queries in response:

>> Neat.
>>
>> Is "Frozen Four" now an officially-recognized name for the Men's Div1
>> ice hockey championship?

and Steve Hagwell replies:

> It is the "official" name.

  Sigh .... I guess that's as good a name as any, but I'll still treasure
my official "unofficial" HOCKEY-L "Phinal Phour" buttons, emblazoned as
they are with our once/future ceramic dalmation mascot in all his (her ??)
various guises.  Times have changed on HOCKEY-L over the past several years
as many of the prolific posters from the early days have bid farewell to
the List for one reason or t'other.  But even in my dotage, I'll be able
to look at those buttons and smile, for they'll always recall for me a
special time and group of virtual friends that I "met" on-line and have
shared so many fun times together with at Phinal Phours from Albany to
Milwaukee to St. Paul.  It may officially be the "Frozen Four" (tm) to the
NC$$ (oops, NCAA :-) but it will forever be the "Phinal Phour" to me; my
buttons and I will continue to flaunt it from Anaheim to Boston well into
the next millenium .... "Sunshine" and I know just how far we can push
the envelope :-)

  Good luck to everyone's favorite team as we roll into the best part of
the season ....  Hope to see many of you in Anaheim ....

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim
  GO BLUE !!!!