From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:52:26 -0500
At 2:01 PM -0500 12/16/98, Richard Hungerford wrote:
>And last, and not least, Pizza Bob's and I still can't believe Michigan
>doesn't already have a women's varsity.  What in the Yost Ice Arena is
>going on?

The U of M club team beat the BGSU club team 5-1 (I think) last weekend at
Yost.
Michigan had about 50 shots on goal and the refs were not shy about their
allegiances. Hey, what do you expect?

The Michigan team is coming along, because a few years ago, when the BGSU
team was forming, they had nothing. All we could schedule back then were
Michigan graduates who formed their own team in the Ann Arbor area.

MSU had a club team back then and they are supposedly moving along nicely.
The BGSU program is growing slowly and steadily. OSU just hired a REAL
coach: they were by far the farthest ahead in the area back when I was a BG
coach, so this is not surprising.

Keith

Keith Instone   [log in to unmask]
Usable Web      http://usableweb.com/