From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 08:36:11 -0700
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Geoff Howell wrote:

> After enduring endless attempted explanations, none of which made sense
> or were consistent with the NCAA blackout policy, I found myself blacked
> out of all NCAA regional coverage last year ... this year, as I understood
> it, I couldn't get pay-per-view on Primestar.  I still get MSC, however,
> so why should that be blacked out, right? I called MSC and Primestar
> today and was told that it wouldn't be -- but it was, of course.  I
> actually called the MSC program director at home (serves him right for
> leaving his name on the station answering machinge) and he had no idea
> why MSC would be blacked out in Boston on Primestar.  Primestar could
> only tell me that the signal was being blacked out on all mini-dish
> systems, but not C-band -- so the PPV blackout covered people who
> couldn't get PPV.  I can't wait until the semifinals so that I can
> bitch to every NCAA official that I see.

I subscribe to MSC on C-Band but it was blacked out for me.  Luckily the
raw feeds were on C-band in the clear.  Last year some were on KU which I
don't have.  I'm crossing my fingers today.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! GO GOLDEN BEARS!!!
And a big BOO HISS to Charlie Shub (or whatever) who seems to get his
jollies with one line posts with scores in the subject line.