From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:32:50 -0500
On Feb 26, 15:05, Paul Gentile wrote:
>If Yale wins Friday night and Brown beats
>Clarkson, will Yale clinch the ECAC Title?
>If the tiebreaker is based on head-to-head, then
>they won't clinch. If its based on league
>victories, then they will.

The first tie-breaker is head-to-head, and since Yale and Clarkson split, that
doesn't clinch it for the Elis.  The second tie-breaker is the teams' record
against the top four in the conference.  Yale wins most of the scenarios here,
but I did come up with one convoluted set of results that puts Dartmouth in the
top four along with RPI, and that would give Clarkson the better top four
record.  So Yale cannot clinch the ECAC title by themselves this weekend...
Clarkson would have to falter.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97
"It's time for Congress to act. The computers do not need a V-chip. The
 Internet needs a chastity chip."
-- Representative James Traficant (D-Ohio), citing a report in which a woman
   claimed to have gotten pregnant (yes, pregnant) through an E-mail exchange
   with a lover 1500 miles away.  Traficant went on to warn of the dangers
   of "immaculate reception."