From:
Kevin Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 15:04:08 -0800
As posted before on this list, my sources at the U of M (who prefer to
remain unnamed) say that Crowley will stay at the U of M for one more
year
in order to graduate.  His parents view this as a necessity and have
made
the point obvious.  The only way he will leave is if he can crack into
the NHL lineup and skip the minors, which is highly suspect.  Crowley
needs a little more bulk and experience to survive physically in the
NHL.

Rasmusson is considered good as gone, but will Buffalo take him?  They
may not be ready for him after the poor maturity level and poor
performance the second half of the season (all this occured after his
suspension for failing to re-register for the correct number of
classes).  Rassmusson has apparently notified the teams coaches
that all he is doing is waiting for the call from the higher
ups and then he is gone.  But the phone is still not ringing.
Rass would be an asset on a fourth line for any NHL team, but
his own team may need take care of his attitude by refreshing
it in the locker room.  NHL scouts apparently have made the
fact clear that they want him to become more of a team player
before they will invest any more time into his future.  (Why do
you pick someone that high in the draft then?)

Another intriging issue is the rumors about Doug Woog retiring.
This has been put to rest by the press and the manure spreaders.
Woog will be back next year unless another loan or other NC$$
violation is discovered.  Woog loves coaching at the U of M and
members of his family hold high positions at the Athletic
Marketing Office whose job it is to keep these rumors at a
minimum.

After only losing four?!? seniors the U of M is looking for a
better NC$$ performance.  After all they were co-champions with
the Fighting Souix in the WCHA.  A fact that is sorely
overlooked by everyone in the Nation and even the local press.
But when the basketball team makes it to the final four for the
first time ever I guess that is to be expected.

--
            \\\\\///
            / ^   _ \