From:
Alex Bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:09:06 -0500
On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Steven Bartley wrote:

> Coach Buddy completely lost control of his team the last couple of minutes
> (that literally lasted 30 minutes).  Shame on him.

  I don't call having guys run over while trying to get on the bench or
having guys leap into the bench a controlled team.  Both teams got out of
hand, not just one.

> I think the crowd at Yost got to the BG players and all the fighting broke
> out a couple of minutes after the crowd was chanting "4 straight losses!"
>  Other teams should realize by now that Yost arena is very UM-friendly and
> the most obnoxious place for opposing teams to play at.

  Sorry, but even though opposing crowds DO have some effect on visiting
teams, a chant of "4 straight losses"  would not cause BG to start
fighting.  It was a coincidence that the fighting just happened to start
then.

Alex