From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 02:52:31 GMT
Let's get on to some hockey discussion.  Here's something that I am very
interested in, and I wanted to see what other people have witnessed about
the new assistant referee system.

Has anybody seen an assistant referee call a penalty yet?  If so how has
it affected the game?

Have assistant referees been "holding back" in calling penalties, and letting
the referee call them in "fear" of making the wrong call?

Has it even made a difference at all in play this year?

I have now seen four games on this young season, and I have not seen an
assistant referee make a call yet.  But I have seen instances where they
could have called penalties.  Seems to me like the linesmen just have new
titles.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy           *
* Check out the WRPI Sports Web Pages on:                                   *
*           http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/wrpispts.html                        *
*       ECAC Writer for US College Hockey Online:                           *
*               http://www.uscollegehockey.com                              *