From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 15:36:11 -0500
>>> Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]> 11/05/96 02:45pm
>>> I agree!  Maine should certainly be at #4.  After being blanked by #2
>>> Michigan, two wins against teams not even in the top 15 and a tough
>>> weekend sweep of Alabama-Huntsville, they really deserve a spot
>>> at 4, 5 or 6.

Now, I know this is tongue-in-cheek, Howard ... but what can you say
about the pollsters placement of Minnesota at #6? I never said place
Maine at #4, I just thought they should be in 4-6 range.

Sure, Maine has a loss to #3
and WINS against FOUR teams ranked #15 or lower. Albeit easy games,
but WINS nonetheless.

Minnesota has losses to #8, and two teams ranked #15 and lower.