From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 23:35:41 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

>      Let me take this one last opportunity to rant and
> rave about how inappropriate it is to hold the ECAC's in
> Placid.   Get off that wide ice, folks!   It selects the
> wrong teams as tournament champions,  and it adversely
> influences the ECAC teams' style of play on the next
> weekend if the NC$$'s are not held at a big-ice venue.

I know ECAC fans are widely split on this issue, but to me Lake Placid
is tremendous.  Yes it's out of the way, but this place wreaks of
college hockey for 2-3 days.
   About the ice ... maybe that's a point in terms of having on effect
on champion (though maybe not), but I highly doubt one weekend of play
on big ice harms ECAC teams in the NCAA tournament.
   For all the problems with being in the middle of nowhere, Lake
Placid outdrew the Fleet Center this weekend!!  You can walk to
everywhere, the town is nothing but college hockey fans -- to me, the
town is the epitome of the sport.  Maybe I'm just too sentimental, I
don't know, but where else would 200 Vermont fans march down the street
from the hotel to the rink chanting "Go, Cats, Go." ?

  AW