From:
Cal Wilrycx <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cal Wilrycx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 16:24:27 -0500
        Suffice it to say that I (in my three years) haven't seen a single
object thrown at Meehan Arena, Brown's home ice. (L. Valenti, or Corrigan
may correct me)  But I have been to games where this activity does occur.
        Point being, that many of you on the Hockey-Lers are really missing
the point.  Who has actually been hurt?  Maybe one player in that past
decade, and one fan in the last 100 years.  But again this is not the
point.  Controlled or otherwise, how can you say, its ok in this instant
and not in the other? A twisted understanding of what is tolerable, I would
hate to see how inconsistent your political conviction are, in college
hockey.
        There is a small difference between throwing objects on the ice,
and screaming obcenities, both are disrespectful to the sport and to the
fans.  As for myself this issue is a "dead fish."
        How 'bout them Bears and the first sweep of RPI in recent
memory.......