From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 02:35:19 -0400
Steve Moerland wrote:

> Well, I can't go with Berenson.  He's had all the talent in the
> world the last five years, indicating that he's a great recruiter, but has
> failed to win the big games.  No finals appearances and only 1 (2?)
> CCHA Playoff championships.  I need someone who can not only get the
> talent but knows how to win with it.  Jeff Jackson has to be #1.
<deleted>
>  There will likely be a western bias here, but here we go:
>      1.  Jeff Jackson
>      2.  George Gwozdecky
>      3.  Ron Mason
>      4.  Shawn Walsh
>      5.--Ric Schaffer
>      Honorable Mention:  Don Lucia at CC.

Likely western bias indeed!  Two western coaches who have not won "the big
one" choosen over Jack Parker.

Besides winning over 500 games, he has guided BU to 2 NCAA
Championships and 8 league championships (4 ECAC, 4 Hockey East).  He
has also won 18 other in-season tournament titles (17 if you do not
count this year's Badger Showdown for which he was not behind the
bench), including 10 Beanpots.

I find it very hard to understand why Steve and several other people
have left Jack Parker off their lists.  Whether you like him or not,
he is certainly one of the best college coaches.

To show that I am not biased, :-)  I also can not understand how
Steve and several others have left Jeff Sauer off their lists.  He
also has won over 500 games and 2 NCAA Championships, along with four
WCHA Tournament Championships.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
The Bedford Flag:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/flag.html
But I Digress:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/bid.html