Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1991 13:51:12 U
Harvard beat RPI 6-0 in Troy on Saturday night.  The score was 2-0
after the first period, and 6-0 after the second.  I don't have all the
details of the game, but I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks.

At the start of the game, it was obvious that Harvard came to hit.  RPI
looked tired and were getting beaten in almost all aspects of the game.
In fact, the Engineers were lucky to be down only 2-0 after the first,
as Harvard really dominated the play.  I don't think there was much of
a difference in talent; it was just that Harvard was out-hustling RPI.
Everything finally fell apart in the second period when Harvard scored
four more goals.  After 5-0, Little was replaced.  But he was not really
to blame for the disaster.  The whole team was sleepwalking.

In the third period, RPI awakened, but by then it was too late.  There was no
scoring in the third.

Erik
Cornell '86
U. of Minnesota '91