From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 06:51:16 -0500
There has been much talk recently about athletes leaving school early.
This made me think of something which perhaps someone can answer.
After RPI's 1985 NC$$ Championship season, a number of players left
early.  It was reported in the alumni newsletter that Adam Oates
eventually received his degree in 1991.

I know that Darren Puppa, who also left after 1985, had built into his
initial contract some bonus for finishing his degree.  Does anyone
know if he did eventually complete his degree, and if so was it at
RPI?

I might as well also ask, if anyone knows if George Servinis and Kraig
Nienhuis, the other two non-seniors who left RPI at the time,
completed their degrees?

Let me also add that Ken Hammond, a senior in 1985, signed with the LA
Kings after the Championship, played with them for a few games that
year, and graduated with his class in June 1985.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74