From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 18:02:29 -0700
And to make it worse, they apologized to all the "golf fans" for having to
watch the hockey!  Some may argue that college hockey is small potatoes,
and of course it still is, but the point is unless someone breaks thru
somewhere it will remain that way ..... I believe it is up to the NCAA to
try to get decent coverage.  It seems to me the coverage has regressed:
back in '85 we say both semis and the final.  It is probably not ESPN's
fault that there is so little respect for college hockey, it is probably
college hockey's fault for not trying to get things going .... IMHO.  ESPN
still sucks.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

GO BU !!

An interesting positive (I think) note:  I found out the results when I
reached my laboratory, cursing all the way on the bus at having to miss
the 3rd OT, I mumbled something to the class, and a coupla guys knew the
score and had watched the whole game and thought it was "rad"  -  - - yea,
a coupla California surfer types masquerading as pseudo-engineers, but at
least the west coast is beginning to take notice, I believe!