From:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 14:58:14 -0600
On Mon, 20 Mar 1995, John Zack wrote:

> Bob Croce in the Monday edition of the Albany Times Union
> noted that the RPI Engineers had the following factors going for
> them in Friday's game with Minnesota:
>
> 1. The Golden Gophers won their first six games of the season
> but were just better than a .500 team the rest of the season.
> RPI, meanwhile, has been on a 3-0-1 playoff tear and is getting
> great goaltending from junior Michael Tamburro.

        Also remember they beat U of Mich, Mich state U, Played BU Tough
Had one of the Hardest Schedule in country

> 2.  Madison is a long way from Troy, yet the Engineers might
> have more fans on their side.  The majority of the crowd will
> be Wisconsin fans, and Badgers hate Gophers.  The fact that,
> like the Bagers, the Engineers wear red should also endear them
> to the home crowd.
        The GOPHER have lost like one game to the Badgers
in the last 8 to 10 games.

> 3. The Dane ice surface is large, just under Olympic-sized, which
> is to the liking of the Engineers, especially speedy center
> Kelly Askew.

        Gophers alsoplay on a big surface which makes them even more
deadly RPI doesn't want to skate with the Gophers they will blow RPI
out of the Building plain and simple. Its common Knowledge that the
Gophers like to play on the big surface.
        Lets keep some reality should we The Gophers are not a slouch
team that some people make them out to be they are a pretty good team
that have a lot of grit and speed.
        Here are ten reason why the Gophers have a chance
        (1) Justin McChugh (SP)
        (2) Scott Bell, this guy is tough he will hit and score a real
        lunch pale kind of guy he works and is tenacious he is my example of
        what a college hockey player should be.
        (3) Brian Bonin nothing needs to be said
        (4) Crowley jumps in the Play fast nuff said
        (5) Dan Treble great defenceman
        (6) Ryan Craft
        (7) Goalies good enough to win Marks is like  a 2.77 GAA best in leg.
        (8) Mobile defense
        (9) Lets not forget #33 Nick Checko gritty and allways seems to
        get the big goal he is like Bell and plays with a lot heart
        (10) Even though I'm not a big fan Wooger is another facter
        he gets them to play when it matters most.