From:
chris gullickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
chris gullickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 09:54:10 -0600
Moorhead's double overtime victory over Rochester Mayo sends the Spuds to
their third state championship in four years.  Although this team is not
as loaded as last year's runner-up, I feel they have a legitimate shot
against Dul East tonight.

There has been alot of talk about East's Spehar, which he definately
deserves, but I think by far the best player on the ice tonight with be
Moorhead's Matt Cullen.  Cullen is such a dominating player, on defense
as well as offense.  I believe he ended the season as one of the top five
in scoring in Minnesota, behine Locker and Spehar, of course.  It's hard
to believe that the U of M let him get away.

Keys to the game tonight:  Moorhead must play the same style they used
successfully against Elk River in the section championship:  tight
checking with a close eye on East's first line.  East and Elk River have
similar teams in that they both have quick, solid skaters that are very
dangerous around the net.  The Spuds skated with the Elks for two and a
half periods before finally exploding.  As for Duluth:  line for line
they probably have the upper-hand; they need to use it.  I wonder how
long East's goalie (Ledinham) can continue his outstanding play.

Go Spuds!!!!