From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 05:41:46 GMT
Here's a hypothetical question for everyone.

if the season ended today, and assuming that the league champs
are:
ECAC: Clarkson
CCHA: Michigan
WCHA: Colorado
HE:   BU or Maine

and they all won their tourneys, what would the seedings be?

If I used the same method as last years comittee did, then i get the
following listings according to the RPICH:

East                    West

1 BU                    Michigan
2 Maine                 Colorado College
3 UNH                   Minnesota
4 Clarkson              Michigan State
5 Northeastern          Denver
6 Princeton             Bowling Green

This is based upon two things.
1) The RPICH ranking as of this week
2) The fact that 2 teams from each conference MUST go

Therefore, Princeton (13) knocks out Wisconsin (12).

Switch the 5 and 6 teams and then reseed.
You get:

Worcester               Madison
1 BU                    Michigan
2 Maine                 Colorado College
3 UNH                   Minnesota
4 Clarkson              Northeastern
5 Denver                Michigan State
6 Bowling Green         Princeton

So the matchups you get are:

UNH v. BG
Clarkson v. Denver
Minn v. Princeton
NE v. MSU

Now my biggest question concerning this is:

Is this is indeed the case, that since 2 teams MUST go from each conference
Wisconsin, as of today, would get the boot?
Is that how it works this year?  And also, could you popssibly even
boot Wisconsin because one of the regional sites is Madison?

Just thought this was interesting question to pose.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *