From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 1995 10:55:03 +0700
> Date:         Sat, 4 Feb 1995 01:35:24 -0500
> From: John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Question for NC$$ Rules gurus
> To: Multiple recipients of
>
> I have a question for the NC$$ eligibility gurus out there (or at least
> those who have read the NC$$ Register more than I :-) ).
>
> Player X dressed as the backup goaltender for a major junior club for
> 15 regular season games. He actually played in only 4 or 5. (Offhand, I
> don't know how many minutes he played). What would the NC$$ be likely to
> rule in terms of his reinstatement? Would they tend to be more lenient on
> a backup goaltender than a skater?
>
> I would really appreciate any help the gurus out there could give me. :-)

i'm by no means a guru, but

The standard penalty for major junior hockey participation consists of
3 pieces

1)  you lose a year of eligibility (you can only play 3 years)
2)  you may not play your first year in residence (i believe this
    means your 3 years must come during your 2nd 3rd and 4th years
    in attendance but it may mean 3 of your 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th)
3)  in the first year you can play, you must sit out one college game
    for each game you played in.  (here, i'm not certain if the
    standard is that dressing for, warming up with, and being on the
    bench ready to play is counted as participation) hence, there
    would be either a 4 or 5  or   a 15 game holdout

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369