From:
Ryan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:48:33 EST
Well I was just trying to get attention, no Elvis is not in Houghton,
nor does he go to hockey games.

I am a member of the Tech pep band and we are seated behind the goal
which is defended by Tech in the second period, just off to the
goalies left.  I was really keeping a good eye on the game, but I
never saw where the puck went.  The initial shot was taken from the
far side of the circle and went into a screen in front of the net.
Looch made a move to the stick side and it appeared that he had
made the save because no one from either team reacted as if a goal
had been scored.  Looch, one of the Tech defenccmen and a ref all
converged on Looch's pad to retreive the puck but none could be
found.

Meanwhile a UND player is skating behind the net and he gets the
attention of Ramano when the player starts pointing to the support
pipe of the net and Ramano then points at the net to signal a goal
almost 30-45 seconds after play has been stopped.  He tries to work
the puck free but can not.  After a minute he frees the puck and
skates to center ice with the puck extended in his hand.  My friend
who has seats on the center ice says that the large white Huskies
logo was clearly visible even from where he was seated.

But as Ramano gets the players to center ice for the faceoff someone
in the band starts yelling that he sees another puck in the protective
netting at the end of the rink wedged on top of the glass.  Eventually
the whole end of the rink is screaming about this puck they see and
even Looch skates a few strides out of the net and starts pointing at
it, but Ramano must have been convinced he had the right one because
he never even made a move for the corner.  He just set up for the
face-off again and dropped the puck.  Needless to say this really did
help his already poor image with the Tech fans, they were sure they
had just been royally ______ over.  As soon as the puck was dropped
a fan who had been standing at rink level during all this climbed the
boards and dislodged the puck and with the fans chanting "Throw it
back"  he climbed the stairs to the main level and was gone.

Well I would also have to agree with an earlier post in the sense
that even though it was a wierd incident it really had no impact in
the out come of the game.

Just a thought, anyone for instant replay in college hockey?

Afterall it's just a game...or is it?

---Ryan

 Ryan B. Johnson        Huskies Pep Band       Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps
 [log in to unmask]      Snare  92-93, 94-95          Milwaukee, WI
Michigan Tech Univ        Tenor 93-94              Tenor 93-94-(95)
   Jr. Mech Eng        Section Leader 93-95     Div. III World Champs 91
  LETS GO TECH!!!                               Div.  II World champs 94