From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 1994 02:31:26 EST
Lynn Burke writes:
>By The Associated Press
>EAST
>   Mass.-Lowell 8, Boston U. 7, OT

This score is incorrect, because the game ended in a 7-7 tie and
Lowell won the shootout, 2-1.  It seems that AP is still having
problems with reporting the shootouts in HE games.  I don't know if
this is the fault of AP or the people reporting the scores.  It's
something that I will try to bring to the attention of Tim Burton.  At
the least, he needs to be sure that the scores are being given to AP
correctly and that the AP people understand what is going on.