From:
Matt Hills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 1994 08:47:00 EDT
Okay- I admit to being a fan of Ohio State hockey, so I really do
not have any prejudice as far as the issue of Maine having sanctions
leveled against them. I am tired of people complaining about the
NCAA investigating the program. I live closer to Wisconsin and I
have always seen the Badgers (yuk!) doing a good job of self-policing
so I wonder why Maine cannot do the same. I say that Maine should
have the title taken away from them because rules are useless if they
are not equally and strictly enforced. Sorry, Maine, but that is an
illegitimate title as far as I am concerned. I also believe UNLV
should have had the basketball title stripped a few years ago for
their infractions, so don't call me a hypocrite. I expect to get a
screenful of flames for this, but sorry guys. Rules are rules!!