From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 05:37:37 -0400
Dave said:

> All this talk of ticket prices got me to thinking about my reactions when I
> first got tickets back in '87-'88.  RPI student season tickets were about $3.50
> per game back then.

and [log in to unmask] said

>Sure, when I attended Rensselpoly Institechnitute, the student tickets were
>only $1.00 or $1.50 per game;  then again, you had to wait a month or two on
>the "hockey line" to got them!
>Ahh, October 1978, watching the battery powered TV, when Bucky Dent...
>Oh, well, at least college fans don't have to pay $35.-- to see ONE GAME!
>-Scientifically, ...

When I started as a freshman at RPI in 64-65, student tickets were .25
per game.  They went up to .50 at some time when I was there and
perhaps even more.  The season ticket line didn't started until 71-72
if I remember correctly (and waiting for a month didn't start until
after I left).  Previous to that they had a rotation system so that
everybody would, at least in theory, have good seats for some games.
Of course, until most of the poles were removed about 1980 there were
few good seats.

Ralph Baer   RPI '68, '70, '74