From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 1994 22:55:04 -0400
I was wondering what was the rationale for some coaches to switch
jobs. What sorts of criteria do they use? I'm sure that one of the
factors has to be the commitment to hockey of the school the coach
is currently at and/or the school he is considering going to. Another
factor is obviously the success or tradition of the program in the past.
Obviously, coaching at BU or Minnesota looks a little better on your
resume' than coaching at Princeton or Ohio St (no disrespect intended,
Tiger or Buckeye fans).

I guess my question is: why would Miami coach Gwozdecky consider a
position at Denver. Gwoz. has built a solid program at Miami and seems
to have really put his mark on Redskin hockey. Whereas, Denver wouldn't
seem to be as "prime" a job. Perhaps they are on the same level (of
"ripeness") but, if that's the case, why would Gwoz. consider leaving?
(If he indeed is)

Are there other things coaches take into account (besides the obvious
considerations inherent in any type of job, such as salary and location)?

Just curious...

| Bri Farenell                             |  ADIRONDACK RED WINGS             |
| [log in to unmask]         |  1993-94 AHL Northern Div. Champs |
| Glens Falls HS '91    Clarkson Univ. '95 |  The Drive for 5 (Calder Cups)    |
| AHL and NCAA contact for rec.sport.hockey|  '81  '86  '89  '92  '94?         |
 Up-to-date amount Bri has "won" in various sweepstakes since 9/91: $280 million