From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 1994 05:49:59 -0400
Chris Moon wrote the following:

>Hello fellow Hockey-L er's! I just got off the phone with a close friend of
>mine over atRPI! He has just Informed me that RPI is NOT planning on moveing
>to Hockey East and they would fight thier hardestto stay in ECAC! Now either
>he is feeding me the biggest load of CRAP to pass my way in a long time, or
>they are lying to the press (the little that they deal with)!! I sincerly hope
>that they are lying to the press because I think that if we stay in the ECAC
>then we have a chance of winning next year and possibly (if we are luckeyer
>than a rabbit farm (sorry animal lovers)) we can take the NC$$!!! Well that
>all from albany,

I am trying to reconcile this with earlier postings, most notably that
from Brian who stated something like that the RPI SID would not release
the 94-95 schedule because it was changing day to day.  (Sorry that I
have not kept this message so I cannot quote verbatim.)

All that I can think of is that Chris's message is slightly wrong -- it
is not that RPI is fighting their hardest to stay in the ECAC, but they
are fighting their hardest to stay in the ECAC for the 94-95 season.
Perhaps the ECAC is threatening RPI with immediate banishment because
of RPI's considering to go to HE in 95-96.  I certainly hope that if
RPI goes to HE (and as I have said before, I have mixed feelings about
this), their divorce with the ECAC can be amicable.  If that is not the
case, I can envision RPI having to play 10 games with the likes of Mt.
Allison in 94-95 (please no flames from any Mt. Allison fans out here).

Please note that all of the above is speculation, certainly no news of
this has reached DC.

Ralph Baer   RPI '68, '70, '74