From:
William Sangrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Sangrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 09:14:00 -0600
I heard the following a few weeks ago (sorry I forget where), and
decided to wait until things settled down to post it.  It seems as
though only four NCAA tourneys make money for the organization, Men's
Basketball, Baseball, Hockey (Thanks Milwaukee), and Lacrosse.  Yet only
one of the four has national exposure of regular season games, and two
only have the final on ESPN.  No other championship is self-supporting,
yet the NCAA keeps doing things that seem to be detrimental to hockey
(like awarding a National Championship 1500 miles from the nearest D-I
school).  Maybe they want to get hockey off this list?  Any comments?

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'9?
Let's Go RED!!!

P.S.  I thanked Wisconsin since these were quoted for last year.  I am
sure that this year we will thank St. Paul, Lansing and Albany.