From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 18:39:57 -0400
Well, I am surprised.  I just spoke to Arley Johnson, the guy I have
worked with on Merrimack broadcasts on WCCM-800AM for the last year or
so, and he told me that we were the recipient of an award for Sports
Play-By-Play, Mid-City Radio in Massachusetts (where Mid-City =
everyone other than Boston).

Unknown to me, Arley submitted the third period and overtime of our
broadcast of Merrimack's 3-2 comeback win over Providence on 1/23/93
(actually the 1992-93 season, but this was for calendar year 1993, I
believe).  In that game, Teal Fowler scored with three seconds left and
the goalie pulled to tie it at 2-2, then he tipped in Dan Hodge's shot
from the point in OT for the winner.

That tape received the Second Place Award in that category.  Arley
will pick up the award Saturday night.

I told him that must have meant that only two stations submitted
anything for the award. :-)

I hope we can parlay this into an improved Merrimack hockey radio
contract for 1994-95.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93