From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 1994 15:52:16 CDT
Mike Machnik on his Frosty Four fun:

>On the Northeastern goal that was supposedly in vs LSSU: someone asked
>Lacher for his point of view and whether it was really in.  Lacher replied
>that the only part that was not in, was the "Made in Czechoslovakia"...

That's odd...the "official" NC$$ puck I bought at Munn was made in Canada.
Does that mean it can't be used at Minnesota?

On "saving Ferris" and comparisons to Kent: Put simply, youth hockey in
Ohio ain't what it is in Michigan. My trips to both arenas reflect this:
Ewigleben Ice Arena (FSU) is filled with banners for the Big Rapids Cardinals,
the BRAHA youth programs, etc. Kent's arena reminded me very much of
a municipal rink. KSU's turnout was respectable (this is back in '92-93,
when they were lower-half CCHA, but competitive), but the area was still
clearly foot/basket/baseball-oriented.

Kent's athletic and PR departments have undergone some odd upheavals
within the past year. They hired an assistant SID last summer to handle
primarily basketball and help the GA with hockey, and recently appointed
a new athletic director (so Keith Instone's phone number post is now
slightly outdated).

Are the vultures circling? They are, make no mistake, but if all the rumblings
about coach/player dissent are true, I would guess many players were
already looking to leave, and are now relieved that they can keep all their
eligibility.

Greg Sorenson
BU '92

"Hockey is a slippery game, played on ice."
        --Jack Parker