From:
Bob Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 1994 08:15:38 -0400
Got the tip on Kent State last night, so I pointed the antenna toward Channel 6
in Lansing (and that's a pull of 125 miles or so), hoping that they would be
"hockey aware" (vs. Toledo stations that don't cover sports of "minor"
interest).  Ch. 6 was coming in (sound and lots of snow - great for hockey
news) and out (completely), but didn't disapointment me with an interview with
a former Kent player and MSU coach Ron Mason.  Sounded like the news came out
of the blue for both of them.  They noted that Kent had made a commitment in
upgrading facilities and by their CCHA membership, though they finished last in
the league 93-94.  Mason compared it to the Notre Dame situation of a few years
ago.  Anyway, the news said that elimination of the program was inevitable.  No
real reasons given except that the move was supported by the KSU Athletic
Council.

Whatever the reason, this is not good for Kent and not good for college hockey
in that we're losing a team from the Cleveland metro market.

Bob Hall
BG 'Class of a Long Time Ago