From:
Jeff Benensohn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Benensohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 14:28:13 -0800
I've got to agree with Steve Weisfeldt:

>am I the only that thinks the teams
>with the "bye" somehow get an unfair advantage?  I do realize they've
>worked hard to get one of the top two seeds, but IMO getting to play the
>lower seed AND getting a bye seems like it should be enough.  Give the
>winner from the first night a day off!

It seemed excessively brutal to me that, for example, after their first
round win, Wisconsin had to play BU at 4pm the next day, when BU had a
bye.  The NC$$ seems to understand the need for a day of rest from their
Final 4 schedule; otherwise they would be maximizing profit (like always)
and making the games Friday/Saturday.  I'm amazed that any teams seeded
5-12 ever make the final 4.

-Jeff
Cornell '90... wait'll next year! :-)