From:
Bob Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 1994 21:41:28 -0500
At the 1988 finals in Lake Placid, a panel of coaches and NC$$ officials were
fielding audience questions.  A reporter form a Montreal newspaper stood up and
said "You have a great showcase here.  Why do you insist on burying it under
the NC$$ basketball finals.  There is NOTHING going on in sports the weekend
after basketball is over, so how about moving the championship back a week?"

Well, talk about asking for the impossible.  The panel fumbled around with
weak comments about length of season, concern for the student athletes,
starting dates of conference schedules, etc.(the same reasons we're hearing for
not having a Div. I football playoff).  However, they never did directly
address the reporters question, and haven't to this day.

Any thoughts out there of NC$$ hockey the weekend after hoops?  Seems logical
to me, but then again logic doesn't apply to a lot of NC$$ decisions.

Bob Hall,
BG Class of 'A-Long-Time-Ago