From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 1994 19:48:42 -0600
Date:         Sunday, 27 Mar ?4 16:40:48 MST
From:         JACK MCDONALD <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Attendance @ Regionals
To:           Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L <[log in to unmask]>

Nicholas Strangas writes:

> Attendance at the Knick on Friday was 10,455 and Saturday's was 9,675.

According to the reports I heard, less than 2,000 fans were there for
the early evening games on both Friday and Saturday.

Last year, the tournament was moved up -- 1 or 2 weeks. The first week
was gained by going to the regional format, and the second (if I
remember correcly) by eliminating the week off between the last league
tournament and the start of NC$$ play. How did the Phinal Phour end up
the same weekend as basketball again?

Which would be better? After the basketball tournament or before/during
the early rounds?

If the hockey season was all 1 week earlier, then the league
tournaments would be the weekend before the basketball tourney starts,
the regionals would be the first weekend of basketball, and the Phinal
Phour would be a week before the basketball finals.

        --david

--------
david parter                                         [log in to unmask]
university of wisconsin -- madison          voice: 608-262-0608/262-2389
computer sciences department                           fax: 608-262-9777