From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 1994 19:45:24 -0600
Rumors courtesy of the Wisconsin State Journal and resident
gossipmonger Andy Baggot.

WCHA Commissioner
----------------
The search for a new WCHA commish is moving forward at a quick pace.
Bruce McLeod, athletic director at Minn-Duluth, said that 6 contenders
have been identified.  The search committee hopes to have the consensus
choice in for an interview during the NCAA hockey Final Four [NB to Mr Baggot,
the Final Four is a trademark of CBS and the bball tourney.  Please desist
using this for the hockey tourney.]

According to Baggot, 3 of the finalists are:
Val Belmonte, director of the coaching program for USA Hockey,
Terry Toy, faculty rep at Denver University,
George Schubert, faculty rep at North Dakota.

However, the real frontrunner is Bruce McLeod.  The big question is
whether McLeod would be able to do both jobs, athletic director and WCHA
commish.

Denver coaching vacancy
-----------------------
The rumors are a bit wild here.  The list of possible job seekers:

George Gwozdecky, coach at Miami of Ohio,
Buddy Powers, coach at RPI,
Walt Kyle, former N. Michigan assistant currently coaching the Seattle Thunderbirds,
Mark Mazzoleni, assistant coach at Minnesota and ex-head coach at UW-Stevens Point,
Troy Ward, ex-DU assistant and current coach of Dubuque junior team,
Shawn Walsh, hockey-L poster from Maine.

Since Shawn reads this mailing list maybe he could simply post his resume
here for Jack MacDonald (DU SID, hope I got that right) to see.

That's all from smiley-free Rumor Central.

--mg
"I'm a loser, baby, so why dontcha kill me."  --Beck