From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 15:36:51 EST
I have to agree with the many that Colorado College and St. Cloud
State deserved a better fate.  I would say that it was close between
those two and UNH, Northeastern, MSU and WMU, with Clarkson hanging
around too.  Still, anytime you set up a rating that is what you can
expect.  I still like the idea of 16 teams, going with the league
title champ, the playoff champ and the next two highest in the
league.  Campus sites for the first round, giving many more of us
a fun weekend, and then a regional and final.  At that point it
seems fair.  If you can't win something or finish second or three
you can't complain too much.  Colorado College winning the WCHA
to me is great.  That they do not make the tourney means the system
does not work.  Same for St. Cloud State who finished 3rd (?), they
deserve better.  And one more time, with feeling: as long as you
have a committee made up a few chosen coaches etc., it just doesn't
cut it.  Set the requirements, get a committee with no vested interest
and fill in the blanks.

/
 good shooting
 rhun