From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 1994 15:36:17 -0500
I would also favor removing men from the ice on coincidental minors to create
4 on 4 or 3 on 3 situations.  The argument that this would give an unfair
advantage to the better teams (e.g. the "Edmonton" rule) always seemed to be
bogus to me.

While the shootout would add excitement to the game, I would favor extending
the overtime period to 10 minutes before instituting the shootout.  I don't
think you'd fill more rinks with the shootout possibility, just like the NBA's
attendance didn't go up with the 3-pointer or the NFL's won't if they put in
the 2-point conversion.  (See, even Spartans can disagree. :-) )

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?

P. S.  Honesty and integrity can really pay off if you play Tennessee every
        night (I know, they had a big lead, but this is a 5-18 team we're
        talking about here.)  Even with UK's difficulties in Knoxville, they
        should have beaten the Vols if Pitino had suited up himself.